"I hereby make a vow to my country and my people: I will do my best to serve, with all my life and passion, I will be fearless and selfless, I shall never betray the values I hold, That every bullet from my gun will only be fired for justice."
The STF is a special institution that deals with Evol crimes, monitors and regulates Evolvers. It is independent of the military and the government, and is not subordinate to either party. It is distributed in various locations, with its core operations department in Loveland City. The Commander is Leto.
Its main mission is to investigate Evol crimes and arrest criminals with Evol. It has its own military equipment unknown to ordinary people. Every agent in the STF has an Evol and another social identity as a disguise. They are an extremely powerful force.
Seventeen years ago, the orphanage incident was exposed. As the main force to destroy the Black Swan laboratory base, STF became directly involved in investigating the B.S. Organisation.
In the midst of continuous monitoring and investigation, the STF gradually obtained some information on the B.S. Organisation.
Two years ago, when the B.S. Organisation made a comeback in Loveland City, Leto started planning new operations as well, in the capacity of the leader of STF.
Commander: The highest administrator in the STF Operations Department in Loveland City. Wields incredible power.
Operations Department: The core component of the STF which is responsible for investigating Evol crimes and arresting criminals who have Evol. It is mainly divided into two teams, led by Eli and Gavin respectively. Each team comprises of an independent and comprehensive combat organisation, and are responsible for different types of missions.
Logistics Department: It is divided into the investigations department, information department, research department, medical department and other departments to provide the teams with the greatest degree of backup support. The most comprehensive Evolver archive is found here, and legalised research experiments targeted at Evol are also conducted here.
Special Operations Team: The mysterious team directly under Commander Leto’s command is not part of the task force. They follow Leto's commands solely and usually only appear in major Evol cases.
- The commander of the task force has been in a high position for a long time, and has a solemn and stern personality. He is deeply shrewd, and has his own convictions and goals that must be followed.
- Seventeen years ago, as an Evol special agent, he was involved in the "Waterfall Disappearance Incident", and all the people involved in the case, aside from him, went missing or died.
- After that incident, he was promoted to Commander, backed up by powerful forces.
Special Agent Eli
- One of the Evol special agents in STF, and the Captain of Team A of the Operations Department in Loveland City. On the surface, he is a little unorganised and cynical, but he is actually a reliable and trustworthy person.
- During the Hell Mission in the Special Police Academy, Eli was rescued by Gavin, who was in the same team. Later, he joined STF together with Gavin.
Special Agent Litton
- Formerly known as Cheng Yi. He was once an Evol special agent in STF, and is a senior whom Gavin respects.
- Six years ago, he was expelled from the STF and had his identity file destroyed. In actuality, he joined Black Swan as an undercover agent and obtained a slew of information. After being aware of Litton’s conspiracy, he decided to leave the B.S. organisation and warned Gavin.
- He is the father of Perry, the first infected person in the "Flu Incident."
"We hail from the future, and only strive for the evolution of mankind. We possess Evol, and we are the creators of everything. No one can stop us, and we are the true masters of the world. QUEEN is about to awaken. Look forward to us walking side by side as we advance in the new world."
BLACK SWAN is also referred to as the B.S. Organisation. On the outside, it claims to be a genetic research institution. It was originally a secret underground research institute established by a group of scientists and businessmen. After rapid development and reorganisation, it became a large and secret multinational organisation.
At present, members are distributed all over the world with different social identities. But all of them are successful people with a certain influence in society.
In order to implement the BLACK SWAN Project, the organisation has carried out various illegal private human experiments over the past twenty years. These include the stimulation, transplantation, and reconstruction of Evol genes, attempting to transform ordinary people without Evol into Evolvers, creating an opportunity to step into a “New World”.
Seventeen years ago, the B.S. Organisation moved abroad after an illegal experiment was disclosed. Although it disappeared on the surface, it never gave up the BLACK SWAN Project. The Special Task Force has spent years investigating the organisation. But due to its strong anti-reconnaissance capabilities and the huge forces behind it, it has been unable to find strong evidence.
- The leader of BLACK SWAN has never appeared in the past twenty years. No one knows his true identity, and he is an extremely mysterious man.
- His temperament is enigmatic and impossible to predict. He is ruthless and distrustful, and he has secretly monitored and controlled Lucien’s actions. After Lucien revealed his identity as Ares and inflicted punishment on himself, he temporarily put away the “eyes” that monitored him.
- Some high-ranking members in the organisation have vague suspicions that this mysterious man is not actually the true leader of B.S., but simply a manipulated puppet or proxy.
Board of Directors
- The Board is composed of several high-ranking figures who have powerful influence in the world of politics and business.
- They provide funding and other forms of support to BLACK SWAN either on the surface or in secret. Although they do not directly participate in BLACK SWAN’s research and actions, they have strong clout.
- The selection criteria for the board of directors is very strict. Only those with extreme power in their fields can join, along with recommendations from more than three members.
- He used to be an experimental subject in the BLACK SWAN Project, and is the only experiment in the project which has been completely successful so far. Afterwards, he became one of the Twelve, the highest-ranking members in the B.S. Organisation.
- He took over his identity from the first generation of the Twelve, and is the only one of the original Twelve currently in the organisation.
- Twelve mysterious, high-ranking figures in BLACK SWAN, named after the twelve gods in ancient mythology. They occupy an extremely important position in the organisation.
- Occasionally, the leader will convene secret meetings to decide important decisions pertaining to the organisation.
- The Twelve only communicate with each other using aliases, and have no contact with each other once they leave the organisation.
- The names of the Twelve have been passed down from generation to generation, but there are even more mysterious members of Twelve from the first generation.
- Among the Twelve, there are radicals and conservatives. The radicals insist on racialism, emphasising the use of coercive means to modify all of mankind. Through cruel genetic screening and the survival of the fittest, they aim to achieve the goal of Evolvers ruling the world. On the other hand, the conservatives are in favour of using QUEEN’s genes to carry out a more gentle and stable human evolution.
- He was once part of the first batch of experimental subjects in the BLACK SWAN Project. After the experiment ended, he became the youngest, genius experimenter who joined the research of Evol. Later, he became of the high-ranking members of the Twelve in the B.S. Organisation.
- In the organisation, he is mainly responsible for research and implementation of the BLACK SWAN Project.
- Because of his unfeeling and ruthless style, he is the subject of envy by other members.
- One of the Twelve.
- A core member of the extreme faction. Initially dormant in the Twelve, he later received the support from a mysterious force, and stole Ares’ unfinished reagents. He forced the evolution of mankind, and is the main executor of the “Reset Plan”.
- Arrogant and unbridled, he made multiple attempts to invite Ares to join his operations, but was rejected. He regards Ares as his biggest opponent.
- One of the Twelve.
- In the organisation, she is responsible for gathering intelligence and carrying out assassinations. She is a calm and rational spectator. Possessing an Evol related to “poisonous gas”, she could corrode the people around her if she doesn’t wear a specially made protective outfit.
- On her left wrist is a black tattoo of a snake biting its tail, symbolising reincarnation and infinity.
KEY and Kiro
- KEY is a legend in the hacker world. The former KEY was Kiro’s guardian and adoptive father. When Black Swan moved overseas, he adopted Kiro at six years old, and taught him hacking techniques.
- KEY has a deep relationship with BLACK SWAN, and was once part of the first generation of the Twelve.
- KEY and MC’s father are old acquaintances. Seventeen years ago, he attacked the server of the life science research center, and the MC’s father reported it. The case involved the genetic data of all humankind.
- It caused an uproar in society, and the government was forced to intervene in the investigations under the pressure of public opinion. The kidnapping in the orphanage was finally exposed and resolved, and MC was successfully rescued.
- After the incident, KEY also helped MC’s father modify her information, and later withdrew from the hacker world, vanishing without a trace. Because of this, the organisation requested for him to bring up an heir.
- KEY selected Kiro and adopted him. He disappeared when Zhou Qiluo was 16 years old.
- In order to find KEY, Kiro entered the FBI network and found a string of mysterious characters, but failed to decipher it.
- At the age of 21, Kiro inherited the identity of KEY and returned to the hacker world.
- When he was 22 years old, KEY was deemed to be dead by BLACK SWAN due to his many years of disappearance.
- The identity of Helios in the original Twelve was officially passed on to Kiro, but he has always believed that his guardian is not dead.
- KEY is a special name, and it also represents a very special identity. –it’s a key.
"When all parallel times and worlds are made one, we will look from on high, and pull back the curtain. And then what causality and truth will you see?"
Having been an experiment subject since he was little, Kiro has always stood in the dark, but he has always struggled and held firm. His willingness to undergo the Evol modification experiment was in order to protect "you", but also to complete the mission he has always clung to. Kiro has always been pursuing the whereabouts of his master Key, and in the behind-the-scenes chapter for Chapter 14, he finds a message left by his master, meanwhile also accepting the mission of the Key and opening that door for the first time. This mission will be revealed to everyone in future chapters.
Transformation of Helios & Kiro
After Kiro says goodbye on the roof of the TV Tower, he is put into a secret room by Black Swan as punishment and then summoned by a mystery person in the Black Cabin. In an unobservable higher-dimension, unknown things occur. After Kiro emerges from the Black Cabin, he is transformed into a completely different person: A founding god of Black Swan — Helios. Helios also appeared in the White House explosion incident of 1908. Helios of that time and Helios now have the exact same appearance, which all has to do with what happened in the Black Cabin.
Path of Faith: From STF to NW
Gavin’s Evol became awakened the moment he fell from the rooftop at high school upon hearing your piano playing. It’s also why he was forced to leave school and undergo training. After graduating from the police academy, Gavin formally enlisted in the Special Task Force. Later after his faith was shattered, in order to obtain greater strength with which to protect the Producer, he accepted his father’s conditions and carried out the NW Plan, receiving a new Evol through this experimental modification. Gavin has been through many hardships, and in Chapter 6 he found out the reason why the Producer became awakened at the start of the story — all part of Black Swan’s design. This simmering grudge between Gavin and Black Swan will unfold for everyone piece by piece in a future plot to come.
In the first segment of Behind the Curtain, Gavin is investigating a bullet. The bullet’s construction is special, but not lethal. Inside, they detect remnants of a special potion whose specific components are unknown. Inside the bullet is an extremely small, particular mark — the “S” symbol with an upturned tail representative of Black Swan. An as-yet-unknown material in the metal composing the bullet is also discovered, and it could not have been created using current technologies. This bullet reveals the existence of parallel timelines. And this piece of evidence makes Gavin more steadfast in his heart — to find the truth and protect you.
Identity Shrouded in a Fog
From the special guest professor that helped you complete shows, to your next-door neighbor; from the impenetrable mystery of Ares, to that figure looking at you through the mirror... Lucien’s identity always seems to be changing. That pen that he gifted you was a witness to the severing of ties before the TV tower. Have you ever considered whether the revelation of Ares identity was chance or necessity? And why would he make this choice? As the plot develops, what new roles will Lucien take on?
Variations of a Plan
Lucien has discovered that the only way to go forward with his evolution plan while also protecting the Queen is to open the Black Cabin. So he made sure you and he got to know each other, and after forging a bond that can’t be severed, he has been constantly searching for a way to open the Black Cabin. This includes trying to enter the Black Cabin via your dreams, etc. The Hacker's Summit was Lucien's plot, with the aim of extracting Key’s Soloman code -- the information key to open the outer door of the Black Cabin.
The Observer Effect
Lucien once mentioned the observer effect and the double-slit experiment. When something in one timeline is observed, there will be a change as a result. In Behind the Curtain, you are the observer that is changing the result. Did you realize it? In Behind the Curtain, Lucien discovers the existence of “you”.
Victor’s Spacetime Travels
Victor possesses the ability to manipulate time. A mysterious old man and your father’s old friend, Grandpa Chuck, once gave Victor a special sundial watch, which is of particular benefit to Victor’s ability. Do you still remember that glazed glass cup? I’m sure you would never forget how he was that morning, curled up in a cramped little attic. "Kids, as long as you’ve got time, everything can still change. Time is the future." In Chapter 18 of the main story, Victor once told you that he saw you in the future eating and drinking at Souvenir. At the time, you thought this was a lie. But have you ever considered that maybe the future really will be like this? Did the Victor that you saw in the Black Cabin with the black vortex swirling around his hand ever make you think that there was something different about him? At what time and what place will this Victor make an appearance?
Leto & Victor
While acting as the commander of the STF, Leto has actually always hoped to open a gate into the higher dimension. Did you ever notice that in the Jay and Josie incident, the story revealed that the STF became aware of the existence of other dimensions and hid this secret? This was really because Leto wanted to be in sole possession of a door to the parallel timelines. Afterward, Leto discovered that Victor possesses the ability to control time and determines that this is an ability capable of “dimension-breaking” if evolved, and so he keeps Victor in his sights. And he never gives up trying to partner with Victor.
The mysterious Time Observer often appears on the scene of important incidents. Aside from “you” and Victor, virtually no one knows of this existence. In Behind the Curtain, the Time Observer seems to be paying close attention to Victor throughout. Have you thought about the reason behind this?
- In the “Behind the Curtain” Plot, you are saved from a fissure in time by Helios. Because you’re not in a dimension, he doesn’t see “you”, but he can still have an effect on you. And this actually isn’t the only time this effect occurs in the plot. Have you realized this?
- At the very end of the Behind the Curtain story, the superpower that Gavin displays seems to break through the current dimension. The loss of control of his superpower puts Gavin in danger. This loss of control will thrust you both into an unprecedented predicament. But please believe, that as long as you stand together, there is no danger or hardship that you cannot overcome.
- The Lucien that appears in the mirror is Ares from Chapter 19-24 in the parallel world. The observations you made in Behind the Curtain resulted in an observer effect. The two Luciens inside and outside the mirror appear in the same scene, but they can’t see each other. Have you discovered the cause behind this?
- At the start of Chapter 4 of Behind the Curtain is a scene of the founding Twelve of Black Swan arriving in the Loveland City's main world. It was their arrival that caused the White House explosion and brought the Evol gene to the main world. And when Victor went back in time, he saw the whole explosion with his own eyes.
- Volume I: Miracle Finder
- Chapters 1-10
- Released at game's launch (29th March 2019)
- Volume II: The Darkest Hour
- Chapters 11-14
- Released 3rd August 2019 (4 month gap)
- Volume III: End of the Abyss
- Chapters 15-18
- Released 17th November 2019 (4 month gap)
- Volume IV: Daybreak
- Chapters 19-21
- Released 1st March 2020 (4 month gap)
- Volume V: Infinite Future
- Chapters 22-24
- Released 14th June 2020 (3 month gap)
- Volume VI: Homecoming
- Chapters 25-28
- Released 22nd November 2020 (5 month gap)
- Volume VII: Echoes of Fate
- Chapters 29-32
- Released 10th March 2021 (3 month gap)
- Volume VIII: ???
- Chapters 33-34
- TBA (x month gap)
- Evol is Love backwards
- The Lycoris radiata or 'Red Spider Lily' that MC sees in one of her premonitions is symbolic of death in Chinese & Japanese culture (Due to Buddhism). They are "ominous flowers that grow in Hell and guide the dead into the next reincarnation"