Box Office Contest
Unlocks after completing Chapter 2-3 in the Main Story. Box Office Contest is a competition arena in which you can participate for free 5 chances a day. It resets at 5am (UTC-8) daily and the ranking of the day is released at 5:00-5:01 am. Every time you have 3 opponents to choose from. You can always press “Refresh” to find 3 new opponents after a 60s cooldown.
Every theme features different attributes (more specifically, different attribute weights). Any Karma with the corresponding guest has an advantage in the contest. The theme changes daily while the guest and amount of stars for the guest changes every Sunday.
Using Karma with the corresponding Guest will get a boost of depending on the number of stars for that week:
- ★★★★★ => 30%
- ★★★★ => 20%
- ★★★ => 10%
You need to create a line-up of 3 Karmas which you will use to compete against others. Tap “My Lineup” to modify your Karmas according to the Guest and Suggested Attributes.
Hold on an opponent’s avatar to view his/her line-up. Then you can modify your own line-up accordingly. Once you think that you cannot beat him/her by any means, the “Refresh” button is always a choice.
The ranking follows switch rules. For opponents with ranks above you, you swap his/her rank after you beat him/her, and remain the current rank if you lose; for opponents with lower ranks than you however, your rank will remain no matter whether you win or lose. These rules also apply to any opponents that challenge you, meaning you can still lose your current ranking if a random player challenges your line-up.
You can get an additional 5 retries four times a day for a total of 20 retries per day. The cost of each retry purchase is as follows:
- First 5 tries = 10 Gems each
- Next 5 tries = 30 Gems each
- Next 5 tries = 60 Gems each
- Last 5 tries = 100 Gems each
Only active losses/wins where you, yourself, challenge other players count. Players who challenge you won't count towards the achievements.
- Winning Streak
- A good strategy is to drop your rank on purpose by selecting 3 weak Karmas and leaving them in your line-up when you're not actively playing.
- When selecting someone to challenge, choose an opponent from the very right, so that you won't go up in the Rank list again (and potentially face stronger players). Be very careful whom you challenge and refresh if you aren't sure that you will win.
- A good moment to do this Achievement is when there is currently a Box Office Event going on, because then a lot of people will select weak Karma to drop in their ranks and make it easier to collect wins. Especially if you participate yourself and have to spend Gems for extra retries, it won't take as many days.
- A good strategy is to select the weakest 3 Karmas in your possession temporarily and challenging others to purposely lose. Double-check your opponent also doesn't have a team of weak Karma as well though. Revert your line-up back to your strongest Karma so that you won't fall too hard in your rank.
Be aware those Achievements have to be completed in a row. As soon as your streak breaks you will have to start again from the very beginning.
On special occasions (on CN every Month, on EN very rarely), there are Events during which every challenge, regardless of winning or losing, you receive Dawn Stones.
- First 5 Challenges: Drops 1 Dawn Stone each
- Next 5 Challenges: Drops 10 Dawn Stone each
- Next 5 Challenges: Drops 30 Dawn Stone each
- Next 5 Challenges: Drops 60 Dawn Stone each
- Last 5 Challenges: Drops 100 Dawn Stone each
Since you can at maximum challenge other players 25 times per day:
- you can get 1.005 Dawn Stones per day at the cost of 1.000 Gems.
- you can get 7.035 Dawn Stones for each event
- 5 Dawn Stones are free per day
- 35 Dawn Stones are free per event
The SR Karma in the Box Office Redeem Store are permanently there, but you can collect the Dawn Stones only during a limited time. You can redeem 2 SR Shards for 120 Dawn Stone each, so the ultimate cost for a SR would be around 3.000 Gems, which costs much more than when the Karmas have been originally debuted.
Assuming the Dawn Stone event would run once every month like in the CN Server, you would need around 7 years to collect one SR for free.
|Rank Daily Rewards|
|Rank||Gold||Box Office Medals|
Based on your rank, everyday you will be awarded with Box Office Medals and gold. The medals can then be exchanged for certain karma shards in the Box Office Store.
It's recommended to save some Box Office Medals, since some times some R-Karma Cards return, or some new time-limited Karma Cards are added, which would be hard to redeem if your Ranking isn't high enough. The Rewards refresh once a day.
|Item||Quantity||Box Office Medal Cost|
|Victor: Taste Buds R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Victor: Guidance R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Lucien: Cold But Heartwarming Night R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Lucien: Get Well Soon R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Kiro: RSVP R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Kiro: Bright Night R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Gavin: Upset R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Gavin: In Your Eyes R Karma Shard||5||300|
You can refresh the Box Office Store up to 10 times per day and costs as follows:
- first 2 times: 10 Box Office Medals
- next 2 times: 20 Box Office Medals
- next 2 times: 50 Box Office Medals
- next 2 times: 100 Box Office Medals
- last 2 times: 200 Box Office Medals
|Item||Quantity||Box Office Medal Cost|
|Lucien: Inner Demon SR Karma Shard||5||1200|
|Kiro: Gameplay SR Karma Shard||5||1200|
|Victor: Into the Rainbow SR Karma Shard||5||1200|
|Gavin: Love's Kitchen SR Karma Shard||5||1200|
They have different Format and require to complete Challenges instead of simply claiming the shards in the Store. Each event has different currency, which disappears after the Event. You have to spend Gems and do extra retries to receive the Karma.
|Item||Currency||Gem Cost||Dawn Stone Cost|
|Lucien: Melody SR Karma Shards||360 x Microphones||2300 - 2600||25 x 120 => 3000 Gems|
|Gavin: Exclusive Look SR Karma Shards||360 x Cute Hair Rings||2300 - 2600||25 x 120 => 3000 Gems|
|Victor: Dim Light SR Karma Shards||360 x Wish Lantern||2300 - 2600||25 x 120 => 3000 Gems|
|Kiro: Sunlit SR Karma Shards||360 x Smart Bracelet||2300 - 2600||25 x 120 => 3000 Gems|