Box Office Contest
Unlocks after completing Chapter 2-3 in the Main Story. Box Office Contest is a competition arena in which you can participate for free 5 chances a day. It resets at 5am (UTC-8) daily and the ranking of the day is released at 5:00-5:01 am. Every time you have 3 opponents to choose from. You can always press “Refresh” to find 3 new opponents after 60s cooldown.
Mechanics[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
Theme and Guest[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
Every theme features different attributes (more specifically, different attribute weights). Any Karma with the corresponding guest has an advantage in the contest. The theme changes daily while the guest changes every Sunday.
Using Karma with the corresponding Guest will get boost:
- 5xStar => 30%
- 4xStar => 20%
- 3xStar => 10%
The amount of Stars doesn't change during the Week.
What you need to know before contests[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
You need to create a line-up of 3 Karmas which you will use to compete against others. Tap “My Lineup” to modify your Karmas according to the Guest and Suggested Attributes.
Hold on an opponent’s avatar to view his/her line-up. Then you can modify your own line-up accordingly. Once you think that you cannot beat him/her by any means, the “Refresh” button is always a choice.
The ranking follows switch rules. For opponents with ranks above you, you swap his/her rank after you beat him/her, and remain the current rank if you lose; for opponents with lower ranks than you however, your rank will remain no matter you win or lose. These rules also apply to any opponents that challenge you, meaning you can still lose your current ranking if a random player challenges your line-up.
Cost for Box Office retries:[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
(can only increase by 20 each day)
- First 5 tries = 10 Gems each
- Next 5 tries = 30 Gems each
- Next 5 tries = 60 Gems each
- Last 5 tries = 100 Gems each
Related Achievements[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
Only active losses/wins count. If you observe the wins and losses in your history, by being challenged by other players, those won't count towards the achievements.
- Winning Streak
- A good strategy is to drop in your rank on purpose, by selecting 3 weak Karmas and leave them when you're not actively playing. Before challenging anyone, select the strongest Karmas temporarily and choose an opponent from the very right, so you won't go up in the Rank list again. Be very careful whom you challenge and refresh if you aren't sure that you will win.
- A good moment to do this Achievement is when there is currently a Box Office Event going on, then a lot of people will select weak Karma to drop in their ranks and make it easier to collect wins. Especially if you participate yourself and have to spend Gems for extra retries, it won't take as many days.
- A good strategy is to select the weakest 3 Karmas in your possession temporarily, before challenging anyone. Still double check if they're not currently trying to loose ranks though ;) Afterwards revert to your strongest Karma, so you won't fall too hard in your rank.
Be aware those Achievements have to be completd in a row, as soon as your streak breaks you will have to start again from the very beginning.
Limited Dawn Stone Drops[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
On special occasions (on CN every Month, on EN very rarely) there are Events during which every challenge, regardless of winning or losing, you receive Dawn Stones.
The more Gems you use to reset the challenges, the more Dawn Stones drop during a challenge:
- First 5 Challenges: Drops 1 Dawn Stone each
- Next 5 Challenges: Drops 10 Dawn Stone each
- Next 5 Challenges: Drops 30 Dawn Stone each
- Next 5 Challenges: Drops 60 Dawn Stone each
- Last 5 Challenges: Drops 100 Dawn Stone each
Since you can at maximum challenge other players 25 times per day:
- you can get 1.005 Dawn Stones per day at the cost of 1.000 Gems.
- you can get 7.035 Dawn Stones for each event
- 5 Dawn Stones are free per day
- 35 Dawn Stones are free per event
The SR Karma in the Box Office Redeem Store are permanently there, but you can collect the Dawn Stones only during a limited time. You can redeem 2 SR Shards for 120 Dawn Stone each, so the ultimate cost for a SR would be around 3.000 Gems. Which is way costlier than when they have been originally promoted.
Assuming the Dawn Stone event would run once every month like in the CN Server, you would need around 7 Years to collect one SR for free.
Box Office Rewards[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
|Rank Daily Rewards|
|Rank||Gold||Box Office Medals|
Based on your rank, everyday you will be awarded with Box Office Medals and gold. The medals can then be exchanged for certain karma shards in the Box Office Store.
Box Office Store[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
It's recommended to save some Box Office Medals, since some times some R-Karma Cards return, or some new time-limited Karma Cards are added, which would be hard to redeem if your Ranking isn't high enough. The Rewards refresh once a day.
|Item||Quantity||Box Office Medal Cost|
|Victor: Taste Buds R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Victor: Guidance R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Lucien: Cold But Heartwarming Night R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Lucien: Get Well Soon R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Kiro: RSVP R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Kiro: Bright Night R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Gavin: Upset R Karma Shard||5||300|
|Gavin: In Your Eyes R Karma Shard||5||300|
Refreshing the Box Office Store:
- first 2 times: 10 Box Office Medals
- next 2 times: 20 Box Office Medals
- next 2 times: 50 Box Office Medals
- next 2 times: 100 Box Office Medals
- last 2 times: 200 Box Office Medals
you can Refresh the Store only 10 Times per Day
Time Limited Box Office Rewards[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
|Item||Quantity||Box Office Medal Cost|
|Lucien: Inner Demon SR Karma Shard||5||1200|
|Kiro: Gameplay SR Karma Shard||5||1200|
|Victor: Into the Rainbow SR Karma Shard||5||1200|
Box Office Event Karma[<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></span> ]
They have different Format and require to complete Challenges instead of simply claiming the shards in the Store. Each event has different currency, which disappears after the Event. You have to spend Gems and do extra retries to receive the Karma.
|Item||Currency||Gem Cost||Dawn Stone Cost|
|Lucien: Melody SR Karma Shards||360 x Microphones||2300 - 2600||25 x 120|
|Gavin: Exclusive Look SR Karma Shards||360 x Cute Hair Rings||2300 - 2600||25 x 120|
|Victor: Dim Light SR Karma Shards||360 x Wish Lantern||2300 - 2600||25 x 120|
|Kiro: Sunlit SR Karma Shards||360 x Smart Bracelet||2300 - 2600||25 x 120|